Currie & Brown is currently looking for a project manager for our Melbourne office who meets the following requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a relevant discipline, such as construction management, M&E/civil engineering, architecture or project management
- A minimum of five years' experience in the construction industry, preferably with previous large project and/or defence industry experience
- Strong contract administration experience
- Ability to manage a top-tier contractor and support the project leader
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel and MS Project
- Understanding of current industry trends
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Confident, energetic and an ambitious self-starter
- Willing to travel to the Gippsland region on occasion
The successful candidate will manage, or assist in the management of, various planning and delivery activities including project programs, budgets, clients and stakeholders, project teams and contractors, and will develop project protocols for a key defence facility in Victoria.
Responsibilities for the successful candidate will include:
- Managing a top-tier contractor in the capacity of a contract administrator to deliver work with a value of over $300m
- Assisting the project leader and the team in managing and co-ordinating project activities
- Managing internal and external project stakeholders, consultants and contractors
- Managing design development, co-ordination, reviews and approvals during planning and construction phases
- Instigating, attending and directing meetings
- Undertaking contract administration, including evaluation of progress claims, variations, extensions of time and completion documentation
- Developing and maintaining risk registers
- Monitoring and reporting on actual performance compared with program
- Liaising with local authorities as required as the project progresses
- Ensuring that a system of quality assurance is in place
- Other duties and responsibilities as defined in the methods and procedures contained in the company's quality management system
Currie & Brown is one of the world's leading physical assets management and construction consultancies, dedicated to advising clients in respect of the management and utilisation of their physical assets, and is differentiated by innovation, expertise and experience.
With principal offices in Dubai, Hong Kong, London, Mumbai, New York and Shanghai, we operate throughout the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, India and the Middle East.
Apply for this role
If you cannot find the job that best suits your ambitions, skills and experience, please register your CV.
Register your CV