Deputy Team Leader
Currie & Brown is currently looking for a deputy team leader for our Hong Kong office who meets the following requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in quantity surveying or construction-related discipline, with a sound technical background.
- Minimum of three years' quantity surveying experience.
- Experience working in a consultancy firm desirable.
- HKIS professional membership desirable. Candidates without HKIS accreditation will be considered for a senior quantity surveyor role.
- RPS certification desirable.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with capability to provide concise instruction to the client's team.
- Proactive self-starter with attention to details.
- Desire to develop management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet the changing and diverse demands of a busy major practice.
- Proficient in both spoken and written English and Chinese.
- Immediate availability or short notice preferred.
The successful candidate will contribute to the provision of quantity surveying services to the company's clients, and will have responsibility for their own projects, coupled with responsibility for winning new business and managing people within a dynamic environment.
Responsibilities for the successful candidate will include:
- Delivering excellent quantity surveying services to include preparation of cost plans, tender documents, contract administration, subletting, preparation and negotiation of final accounts.
- Formulating tender strategies, tender analysis and bidding.
- Monitoring cash flow and certifying payment and variation.
- Complying with QA standards as well as the company's best practice standards.
- Leading and coaching junior staff in service delivery.
- Developing good relationship with clients and stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Attending site inspections and client meetings and conducting tender interview presentations when required.
Currie & Brown is one of the world's leading physical assets management and construction consultancies, dedicated to advising clients in respect of the management and utilisation of their physical assets, and is differentiated by innovation, expertise and experience.
With principal offices in Dubai, Hong Kong, London, Mumbai, New York and Shanghai, we operate throughout the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, India and the Middle East.
Apply for this role
If you cannot find the job that best suits your ambitions, skills and experience, please register your CV.
Register your CV