Currie & Brown is currently looking for a team leader for our Hong Kong office who meets the following requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in quantity surveying or construction-related discipline, with a sound technical background
- Minimum of three years' post-qualification quantity surveying experience. Candidates with less experience will be considered for a deputy team leader role
- Experience working in a consultancy firm is desirable
- HKIS professional membership is essential
- RPS certification is desirable
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with the capability to provide concise instruction to the client's team
- Proactive self-starter with attention to detail
- Desire to develop management skills
- Ability to work under pressure to meet the changing and diverse demands of a busy major practice
- Proficient in both spoken and written English and Chinese
- Immediate availability or short notice is preferred
The successful candidate will contribute to the provision of quantity surveying services to the company's clients, and will have responsibility for their own projects coupled with responsibility for winning new business and managing people within a dynamic environment.
Responsibilities for the successful candidate will include:
- Delivering excellent quantity surveying services to include preparation of cost plans, tender documents, contract administration, subletting, preparation and negotiation of final accounts
- Formulating tender strategies, tender analysis and bidding
- Monitoring cashflow and certifying payment and variation
- Complying with QA standards as well as the company's best practice standards
- Leading and coaching junior staff in service delivery
- Developing good relationships with clients and stakeholders both internally and externally
- Attending site inspections and client meetings and conducting tender interview presentations when required
Currie & Brown is one of the world's leading physical assets management and construction consultancies, dedicated to advising clients in respect of the management and utilisation of their physical assets, and is differentiated by innovation, expertise and experience.
With principal offices in Dubai, Hong Kong, London, Mumbai, New York and Shanghai, we operate throughout the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, India and the Middle East.
Apply for this role
If you cannot find the job that best suits your ambitions, skills and experience, please register your CV.
Register your CV