Currie & Brown is currently looking for a chartered quantity surveyor for our Jersey office who meets the following requirements:
- BSc in quantity surveying or equivalent
- Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS)
- A minimum of two years' technical delivery experience gained within a global construction consultancy
- Pre- and post-contract experience
- Good technical writing, client-facing and communication skills (both internal and external)
- Well-organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined and commercially astute
- Ability to run projects with minimal supervision and to attend project meetings independently
- A team player with a 'can do' attitude, outgoing, polite, patient, diplomatic, personable, respectful and flexible
The successful candidate will support project leaders in generating a high standard of service delivery, achieving successful outcomes for our clients, capturing and sharing knowledge across projects, enhancing our culture of innovation and reinforcing our reputation as preferred service provider.
Responsibilities for the successful candidate will include:
- Conducting feasibility studies and writing procurement reports
- Applying value management techniques at the outset of a project
- Managing estimating and cost planning activities, to include taking ownership of and presenting the final cost plan
- Managing the procurement process, ensuring that all stages (including pre-qualification, enquiry, analysis, selection and contract preparation) are performed effectively
- Ensuring that cost checking and valuation work is managed effectively
- Ensuring correct production of monthly post-contract cost reports and presenting them to the client
- Value engineering and lifecycle costing
- Ensuring that final accounts are negotiated and agreed
- Taking a lead role in interfacing with the client and other consultants at all project stages
- Where appropriate, leading a cost management team and ensuring that they deliver on all of the above accountabilities
- Supervising and mentoring junior members of the team
Currie & Brown is one of the world's leading physical assets management and construction consultancies, dedicated to advising clients in respect of the management and utilisation of their physical assets, and is differentiated by innovation, expertise and experience.
With principal offices in Dubai, Hong Kong, London, Mumbai, New York and Shanghai, we operate in the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, India and the Middle East.
Apply for this role
If you cannot find the job that best suits your ambitions, skills and experience, please register your CV.
Register your CV