Currie & Brown is currently looking for a construction manager for our Singapore office who meets the following requirements:
- Degree in a relevant discipline such as M&E/civil engineering/architecture/project management
- A minimum of five years' technical delivery experience in office fit-outs, hotel fit-outs and new-build developments
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Project
- Passionate about project management, with a desire to work within a leading property consultancy
- Understanding of current industry trends
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Confident, energetic and an ambitious self-starter
The successful candidate will lead and manage various activities, including project and construction programmes, managing clients, projects, project teams and developing project protocols.
Responsibilities for the successful candidate will include:
- Acting as a contractor's construction manager through secondment
- Working independently to manage all aspects of projects from concept to completion
- Managing internal and external stakeholders, consultants and contractors
- Managing contract, letting tenders and negotiating with contractors and suppliers
- Preparing project programmes and monitoring projects in line with those programmes
- Preparing site assessments, due diligence reports, masterplans and feasibility studies
- Managing design, including review and co-ordination of consultant documentation and preparation of tender documentation
- Appointing and managing consultants and contractors while maintaining probity requirements
- Delivering contract administration, including evaluation of progress claims, variations, extensions of time and completion documentation
- Monitoring projects costs in line with the approved budget
- Managing key project issues
- Developing and maintaining risk registers
- Managing the projects' change control process
- Preparing a detailed programme for the implementation of the project
- Monitoring and reporting on actual performance compared with plan
- Liaising with local authorities as required to ensure that the works are authorised as the project progresses
- Ensuring compliance with occupational health and safety regulations
- Ensuring project documents are complete, current and stored appropriately
Currie & Brown is one of the world's leading physical assets management and construction consultancies, dedicated to advising clients in respect of the management and utilisation of their physical assets, and is differentiated by innovation, expertise and experience.
With principal offices in Dubai, Hong Kong, London, Mumbai, New York and Shanghai, we operate throughout the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, India and the Middle East.
Apply for this role
If you cannot find the job that best suits your ambitions, skills and experience, please register your CV.
Register your CV