Currie & Brown is currently looking for a cost manager to be colocated with our client in Holland or Spain who meets the following requirements:
- Relevant degree or professional qualifications
- A minimum of five years' technical delivery experience, ideally for a client or consultancy business
- Strong pharmaceutical manufacturing or relevant sector experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A team player with a 'can-do' attitude, outgoing, polite, patient, diplomatic, personable, respectful and flexible
- Well-organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined and commercially astute
- Must be willing to travel throughout Europe as required (package to include weekly return flight to home location if required and flexible working arrangements to accommodate commute)
- High level of competency in Excel and MS Office suite
- Fluent in English (knowledge of Dutch, Spanish or German would be advantageous)
The successful candidate will generate a high standard of service delivery, achieving successful outcomes for our client, capturing and sharing knowledge across projects, enhancing our culture of innovation and reinforcing our reputation as preferred service provider.
Responsibilities for the successful candidate will include:
- Managing the costs on a group of projects with values ranging from €1 million to €50 million, as part of a broader European portfolio
- Preparing the below on a monthly basis:
- Update of the Excel-based cost report
- Breakout of control budgets by disciplines funded
- Provision of data and population of project portfolio reporting system
- Updating the finance system to support reporting requirements
- Interfacing with key engineering, procurement and construction management stakeholders
- Understanding the challenges which engineering teams face during the various engineering phases and through the stage gate process
- Preparing overall project cost reports (including budgets, commitments, forecast and expenditures for all programme cost elements) on a monthly basis
- Providing support to the project manager in reviews and adherence to client governance processes
- Assisting with invoice processing as required
- Managing project financial close-out process in close co-operation with project and finance leads
- Interfacing with and supporting separate procurement teams in relation to project controls activities
- Preparing and maintaining project risk and opportunities log
- Drafting project-specific project controls execution plans
- Supporting the project manager in change management
Currie & Brown is one of the world's leading physical assets management and construction consultancies, dedicated to advising clients in respect of the management and utilisation of their physical assets, and is differentiated by innovation, expertise and experience.
With principal offices in Dubai, Hong Kong, London, Mumbai, New York and Shanghai, we operate throughout the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, India and the Middle East.
Apply for this role
If you cannot find the job that best suits your ambitions, skills and experience, please register your CV.
Register your CV