Assistant Dispute Consultant
Currie & Brown is currently looking for an assistant dispute consultant for our London office who meets the following requirements:
- Qualifying law degree
- Recently graduated or a minimum of one year's experience
- Report writing, client-facing and communication skills
- Strong IT skills (AutoCAD, NBS, MS Project, Outlook, Word, Excel and other bespoke software)
- Well-organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined and commercially astute
- A team player with a 'can-do' attitude, outgoing, polite, patient, diplomatic, personable, respectful and flexible
The successful candidate will form part of the dispute resolution team covering primarily London and the South East, but travel throughout the UK may be required. S/he will deal with all aspects of dispute resolution services across the private and public sectors, including adjudication, mediation, litigation and arbitration, supporting quantum and delay experts in generating a high standard of service delivery, achieving successful outcomes for our clients, capturing and sharing knowledge across projects, enhancing our culture of innovation and reinforcing our reputation as a preferred service provider.
Responsibilities for the successful candidate will include:
- Reviewing construction contracts
- Analysing causation of disputes
- Forming outline opinion and dispute resolution strategy for all types of construction projects
- Assisting in the production expert reports
- Delivering contract administration services as appropriate to the commission
- Providing procurement advice and assisting in drafting contracts and amendments to contracts
- Arranging meetings and collating project documentation
- Assisting senior surveyors in carrying out programme delay analysis, valuation of variations, together with valuation of loss and expense and many other dispute resolution surveying commissions
Currie & Brown is one of the world's leading physical assets management and construction consultancies, dedicated to advising clients in respect of the management and utilisation of their physical assets, and is differentiated by innovation, expertise and experience.
With principal offices in Dubai, Hong Kong, London, Mumbai, New York and Shanghai, we operate in the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, India and the Middle East.
Apply for this role
If you cannot find the job that best suits your ambitions, skills and experience, please register your CV.
Register your CV