Director of CDM Services
Currie & Brown is currently looking for a director of CDM services for our Glasgow or Edinburgh office who meets the following requirements:
- Professional construction/health and safety qualification or equivalent
- Membership of the Association of Project Safety (CMaPS) and Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH)
- A minimum of ten years' technical delivery experience gained within a construction consultancy
- Pre- and post-contract experience
- Education and health sector experience
- Good technical writing, client-facing and communication skills
- Well-organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined and commercially astute
- Demonstrable experience of winning and delivering CDM/principal designer roles for private and public sector clients on a mixture of projects
- A team player with a 'can-do' attitude, outgoing, polite, patient, diplomatic, personable, respectful and flexible
The successful candidate will lead the provision of our principal designer/CDM consultancy services to clients in order to ensure compliance with health and safety legislation and support project leaders in generating a high standard of service delivery and reinforcing our reputation as preferred service provider.
Responsibilities for the successful candidate will include:
- Undertaking business development to promote CDM services
- Preparing and submitting tender proposals for CDM opportunities
- Leading and managing the day-to-day operation of the CDM team across Scotland
- Undertaking financial management of all CDM projects across Scotland
- Providing a principal designer/CDM advisor service for projects as appropriate
- Informing and assisting clients in discharging their duties at each stage of the process under the CDM 2015 Regulations
- Complying with the responsibilities of the Principal Designer under the CDM Regulations 2015
Currie & Brown is one of the world's leading physical assets management and construction consultancies, dedicated to advising clients in respect of the management and utilisation of their physical assets, and is differentiated by innovation, expertise and experience.
With principal offices in Dubai, Hong Kong, London, Mumbai, New York and Shanghai, we operate throughout the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, India and the Middle East.
Apply for this role
If you cannot find the job that best suits your ambitions, skills and experience, please register your CV.
Register your CV