M&E Cost Manager/Quantity Surveyor
Currie & Brown is currently looking for an M&E cost manager to be based in our Birmingham, Bristol, Leeds or Manchester office who meets the following requirements:
- A minimum of five years' technical delivery experience
- Pre- and post-contract experience
- Good technical writing, strong client-facing and communication skills
- Well-organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined and commercially astute
- A team player with a 'can-do' attitude, outgoing, polite, patient, diplomatic, personable, respectful and flexible
The successful candidate will support project leaders in generating a high standard of service delivery, achieving successful outcomes for our clients, capturing and sharing knowledge across projects, enhancing our culture of innovation and reinforcing our reputation as preferred service provider.
Responsibilities for the successful candidate will include:
- Providing accurate cost advice and reporting to our clients
- Delivering projects, commissions and professional assignments
- Assuming a leading role in setting objectives and priorities, working as a proactive team player
- Maintaining effective communication to ensure all information is available for the successful completion of projects and liaising with other managers to ensure efficient financial control
- Undertaking commercial management services with limited supervision
- Delivering all work outputs in an accurate and timely manner
- Providing support to the team leader/service leaders in the cost management of projects
- Representing the company in a professional and diligent manner; meeting, negotiating and corresponding with clients to form strong working relationships
- Managing M&E cost inputting on all our projects and overseeing M&E service delivery across our northern offices
- Looking after the commercial aspects of pre- and post-tender agreements
- Producing cost plans and estimates
- Providing value engineering input during the project design stages
- Managing sub-contract procurement and client co-ordination
- Undertaking post-contract cost management including agreement of variations, interim valuations, cost reporting and final account agreement
- Providing commercial and financial reporting information
- Providing commercial advice and guidance to our northern offices, site teams and senior management
Currie & Brown is one of the world's leading physical assets management and construction consultancies, dedicated to advising clients in respect of the management and utilisation of their physical assets, and is differentiated by innovation, expertise and experience.
With principal offices in Dubai, Hong Kong, London, Mumbai, New York and Shanghai, we operate throughout the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, India and the Middle East.
Apply for this role
If you cannot find the job that best suits your ambitions, skills and experience, please register your CV.
Register your CV