Currie & Brown is currently looking for a NEC supervisor for our London office who meets the following requirements:
- An HNC or equivalent in a building-related discipline
- A professional qualification in a building-related discipline either as 'member' or 'associate/Incorporated member', with significant relevant post-qualification experience
- Substantial experience of all stages of the design and construction across a wide range of building types, including large complex buildings
- Experience in carrying out duties of clerk of works/NEC supervisor/quality inspector
- Working knowledge of common construction contracts eg NEC3, JCT, PPC
- Good writing, client-facing and communication skills
- Well organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, well disciplined and commercially astute
- A team player with a 'can-do' attitude, outgoing, polite, patient, diplomatic, personable, respectful and flexible
The successful candidate will carry out a number of NEC supervisor and clerk of works roles on major construction projects currently under way across London and the South East, while also assisting in the preparation of proposals and bids for future commissions, reinforcing our reputation as preferred service provider.
Responsibilities for the successful candidate will include:
- Ensuring that a consistently high standard of quality control and supervision is maintained for each contract, via site visits, assessing contract implementation with due regard to building and health and safety legislation
- Submitting reports on a weekly or monthly basis as appropriate to advise clients of progress and the status of construction-related quality and completion issues
- Ensuring that the standards of work and the materials supplied by contractors are as specified in accordance with the contract information
- Maintaining records and data, operating and maintaining information systems and undertaking general administrative tasks
- Identifying technical problems on site, to recommend corrective action and issue directions as authorised under the contract
- Witnessing on-site testing and commissioning and keeping appropriate records of results
- Managing defects identification and rectification process, including preparing schedules of defects and certifying rectification of snagging items
- Attending internal and external meetings, both on and off site as required
- Operating and maintaining information systems
- Representing the company in a professional and diligent manner; meeting and corresponding with clients to form strong working relationships
Currie & Brown is one of the world's leading physical assets management and construction consultancies, dedicated to advising clients in respect of the management and utilisation of their physical assets, and is differentiated by innovation, expertise and experience.
With principal offices in Dubai, Hong Kong, London, Mumbai, New York and Shanghai, we operate throughout the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, India and the Middle East.
Apply for this role
If you cannot find the job that best suits your ambitions, skills and experience, please register your CV.
Register your CV