Principal Designer/CDM Advisor
Currie & Brown is currently looking for a principal designer/CDM advisor for our London-based construction health and safety team who meets the following requirements:
- A recognised professional qualification in construction health and safety, such as a NEBOSH diploma or NEBOSH Construction Certificate
- Certified or Incorporated Member of the Association for Project Safety (CMaPS/IMaPS)
- Previous experience as a CDM co-ordinator/principal designer (as defined under the Construction, Design and Management Regulations 2015)
- Experience in delivering CDM/principal designer services to private and public sector clients on a mixture of projects
- Good technical writing, client-facing and communication skills
- Well-organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined and commercially astute
- A team player with a 'can-do' attitude, outgoing, polite, patient, diplomatic, personable, respectful and flexible
The successful candidate will provide a principal designer/CDM advisory service to clients and ensure compliance with health and safety legislations, while supporting project leaders in generating a high standard of service delivery, achieving successful outcomes for our clients, capturing and sharing knowledge across projects, enhancing our culture of innovation and reinforcing our reputation as preferred service provider.
Please note that our London health and safety team offers training and development opportunities for high-calibre candidates who may not meet all the requirements outlined above.
Responsibilities for the successful candidate will include:
- Complying with the responsibilities of the principal designer under the CDM Regulations 2015
- Informing and assisting clients in discharging their duties at each stage of the process under the CDM Regulations 2015
- Establishing a record of principles and decisions taken in relation to health and safety in feasibility studies
- Receiving strategic briefs and advising on the development of the project brief
- Visiting sites and carrying out an initial appraisal to establish existing hazards and site restrictions
- Advising and assisting clients in the appointment of designers and contractors
- Reviewing implications of procurement methods in respect of CDM regulations
- Carrying out design reviews with team members and co-ordinating health and safety matters
- Ensuring that designers have established safe methods for construction of unusual or complex designs and making this available as part of the pre-construction information
- Representing the company in a professional and diligent manner; meeting, negotiating and corresponding with clients to form strong working relationships
Currie & Brown is one of the world's leading physical assets management and construction consultancies, dedicated to advising clients in respect of the management and utilisation of their physical assets, and is differentiated by innovation, expertise and experience.
With principal offices in Dubai, Hong Kong, London, Mumbai, New York and Shanghai, we operate throughout the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, India and the Middle East.
Apply for this role
If you cannot find the job that best suits your ambitions, skills and experience, please register your CV.
Register your CV