Senior Building Surveyor
Currie & Brown is currently looking for a senior building surveyor for our Edinburgh office who meets the following requirements:
- BSc in building surveying or equivalent
- Membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS)
- A minimum of three years' technical delivery experience gained within a construction consultancy
- Significant exposure to, and good working relations with, private and public sector clients
- Well-developed skills in the areas of surveys, refurbishment, repairs and maintenance
- IT skills (AutoCAD, NBS, MS Project, Outlook, Word, Excel and other bespoke software)
- Good technical writing, client-facing and communication skills
- Willingness to undertake business development and develop own client base
- Well-organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined and commercially astute
- A team player with a 'can do' attitude, outgoing, polite, patient, diplomatic, personable, respectful, ambitious, innovative and flexible
The successful candidate will be part of a regional team of 12 building surveyors covering all aspects of professional and project building surveying across the private and public sector. S/he will support project leaders in generating a high standard of service delivery, achieving successful outcomes for our clients, capturing and sharing knowledge across projects, enhancing our culture of innovation and reinforcing our reputation as preferred service provider. The role will cover the full spectrum of building surveying services, including design and specification, contract administration, building surveys and dilapidations.
Responsibilities for the successful candidate will include:
- Delivering projects, commissions and professional assignments
- Managing client and project teams to deliver building surveying services profitably and on time
- Working as a proactive team player
- Maintaining effective communication to ensure that all information is available for the successful completion of projects
- Delivering all work outputs in an accurate and timely manner
- Supervising graduate building surveyors
- Representing the company in a professional and diligent manner; meeting, negotiating and corresponding with clients to form strong working relationships
Currie & Brown is one of the world's leading physical assets management and construction consultancies, dedicated to advising clients in respect of the management and utilisation of their physical assets, and is differentiated by innovation, expertise and experience.
With principal offices in Dubai, Hong Kong, London, Mumbai, New York and Shanghai, we operate in the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, India and the Middle East.
Apply for this role
If you cannot find the job that best suits your ambitions, skills and experience, please register your CV.
Register your CV