Senior M&E Cost Manager
Currie & Brown is currently looking for a senior M&E cost manager for our London office who meets the following requirements:
- A minimum of four years' technical delivery experience
- Pre- and post-contract experience including cost planning and procurement
- Good technical writing, strong client-facing and communication skills
- Well-organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, self-starting, well-disciplined and commercially astute
- A team player with a 'can-do' attitude, outgoing, polite, patient, diplomatic, personable, respectful and flexible
- Able to take on a leadership role as part of personal development planning
- NEC experience would be advantageous
The successful candidate will take a lead role in the delivery of cost consultancy services for a key client, reporting to and being supported by the account director on unique projects within high-profile occupied buildings. The role will involve direct client exposure and frequent time spent in their offices and around their estate. In addition, there will be opportunities to become involved in the wider portfolio of projects that the team delivers.
Responsibilities for the successful candidate will include:
- Preparing cost plans and estimates
- Undertaking the procurement of projects from start to finish, including preparation of tender documentation
- Managing work packages post-contract, including change control and valuation, progress valuations, cost reports and final accounts
- Providing crisp and focused cost advice and reporting to our clients
- Conducting tender analysis for the purpose of contractor appointments and data capture for benchmarking and future cost plans
- Assuming a leading role in setting objectives and priorities, working as a proactive team player
- Maintaining effective communication to ensure all information is available for the successful completion of projects and liaising with other managers to ensure efficient financial control
- Delivering all work outputs in an accurate and timely manner
- Representing and acting as an ambassador for the company in a professional and confidence-inspiring manner; meeting, negotiating and corresponding with clients to form strong working relationships
Currie & Brown is one of the world's leading physical assets management and construction consultancies, dedicated to advising clients in respect of the management and utilisation of their physical assets, and is differentiated by innovation, expertise and experience.
With principal offices in Dubai, Hong Kong, London, Mumbai, New York and Shanghai, we operate throughout the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, India and the Middle East.
Apply for this role
If you cannot find the job that best suits your ambitions, skills and experience, please register your CV.
Register your CV