UK & Ireland accountant
Currie & Brown is currently looking for an accountant for our UK and Ireland offices who meets the following requirements:
- Qualified accountant CIMA/ACCA/ACA
- Minimum of two years' post-qualification experience
- Experience of professional services desirable
- Experience of financial systems, including Agresso, is preferable
- Confident and articulate, with good writing, presentation and communication skills
- Forward thinking and capable of looking at longer-term objectives
- Ability to set targets and ensure deadlines are met
- Assertive, with strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Strong analytical and influencing skills
The successful candidate will ensure the integrity of the general ledgers of Currie & Brown UK (CBUK), Currie & Brown International (CBIL), Currie & Brown Jersey (CBJ) and Currie & Brown Ireland (CBI), delivering finance business partnering to the senior management of CBI and managing the accounts payable functions of CBUK, CBIL, CBJ, CBI and Currie & Brown Investments (CBInv). S/he will report directly to the finance director and work closely with other members of the finance team with support from the assistant accountant.
Responsibilities for the successful candidate will include:
- Delivering regional and group monthly reporting for CBI and UK central services
- Assisting with balance sheet reconciliation/trial balance integrity of the CBUK, CBIL, CBJ, CBInv and CBI
- Forming UK and Ireland VAT returns, annual budget and quarterly P&L forecasts for CBI and UK central services
- Delivering annual reporting packs and statutory accounts for CBI and post UK and Irish payroll journals
- Providing project analysis and monitoring - profitability, wip, debtors, orderbook and pipeline for CBI
- Delivering project work - Agresso enhancement, aligning Agresso group reporting
- Assisting with intercompany recharges, CBI cashflow budgeting/forecasting
- Being point of contact for CBI audit
- Using previous experience to test existing processes
- Supporting the human resources team with the compilation of P11ds and preparation of corporate RICS subscription
- Working closely with the senior management of CBI, head of UK central services and wider finance team, responding promptly to ad-hoc queries.
Currie & Brown is one of the world's leading physical assets management and construction consultancies, dedicated to advising clients in respect of the management and utilisation of their physical assets, and is differentiated by innovation, expertise and experience.
With principal offices in Dubai, Hong Kong, London, Mumbai, New York and Shanghai, we operate in the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, India and the Middle East.
Apply for this role
If you cannot find the job that best suits your ambitions, skills and experience, please register your CV.
Register your CV