Currie & Brown is currently looking for a chartered associate director for our Abu Dhabi office who meets the following requirements:
- BSc in quantity surveying or equivalent
- Membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- A minimum of ten years' technical delivery experience gained within a global construction consultancy
- Pre- and post-contract experience in cost management projects
- Middle East experience
- Good technical writing, client-facing and communication skills (both internal and external)
- Well-organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined and commercially astute
- A team player with a 'can-do' attitude, outgoing, polite, patient, diplomatic, personable, respectful and flexible
- Experience of a variety of sectors, including residential, retail, education, infrastructure, commercial and leisure projects in excess of $1 billion
- Experience of managing and leading cost management teams within a live project environment
The successful candidate will support project leaders in generating a high standard of service delivery, achieving successful outcomes for our clients, capturing and sharing knowledge across projects, enhancing our culture of innovation and reinforcing our reputation as a preferred service provider.
Responsibilities for the successful candidate will include:
- Providing accurate cost advice and reporting to our clients
- Delivering projects, commissions and professional assignments
- Assuming a leading role in setting objectives and priorities, working as a proactive team player
- Maintaining effective communication to ensure all information is available for the successful completion of projects; liaising with other managers to ensure efficient financial control
- Undertaking commercial management services with limited supervision
- Delivering all work outputs in an accurate and timely manner
- Providing support to the team leader/service leaders in cost management of projects
- Representing the company in a professional and diligent manner; meeting, negotiating and corresponding with clients to form strong working relationships
Currie & Brown is one of the world's leading physical assets management and construction consultancies, dedicated to advising clients in respect of the management and utilisation of their physical assets, and is differentiated by innovation, expertise and experience.
With principal offices in Dubai, Hong Kong, London, Mumbai, New York and Shanghai, we operate throughout the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, India and the Middle East.
Apply for this role
If you cannot find the job that best suits your ambitions, skills and experience, please register your CV.
Register your CV