Construction Cost Engineer/Manager
Currie & Brown is currently looking for a construction cost engineer/manager for our Boise, ID location who meet the following requirements:
- A minimum of five years' experience in cost reporting/cost engineering and management on complex construction projects, including some time in a remote or self-managed role
- Experience as a quantity surveyor is beneficial
- Good time management, communication and interpersonal skills
- Desire to eventually lead, mentor and develop a successful team
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Project)
The successful candidate will be directly responsible for multiple small, medium and large projects in the commercial, industrial, healthcare, manufacturing, biopharmaceutical and high-tech industries.
Responsibilities for the successful candidates will include:
- Undertaking construction project cost reporting and analysis, including significant interface with estimating, procurement, scheduling, document control and finance/accounting when appropriate
- Assisting with implementing cost control, scheduling and progress control reporting
- Monitoring cost performance to discover and understand variances from the budget
- Producing and compiling accurate/unbiased cost forecasts at a detailed and summary level
- Identifying and ensuring early warning of adverse cost trends so that corrective actions can be taken
- Forecasting the final cost of the project based on the analysis of the actual incurred cost against the agreed budget
- Participating in business development of new projects for cost consulting
- Supporting client account management, monthly invoicing and purchase order management
- Assisting with project cost estimates across various stages of project development using experience, historical data, and parametric ratios
- Establishing new and maintaining existing cost and estimating tools, methods and databases used to produce project estimates
- Participating in industry benchmarking of project metrics
Currie & Brown is one of the world's leading physical assets management and construction consultancies, dedicated to advising clients in respect of the management and utilization of their physical assets, and is differentiated by innovation, expertise and experience.
With principal offices in Dubai, Hong Kong, London, Mumbai, New York and Shanghai, we operate throughout the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, India and the Middle East.
Apply for this role
If you cannot find the job that best suits your ambitions, skills and experience, please register your CV.
Register your CV