Construction Field Engineer/Quantity Surveyor
Currie & Brown is currently looking for a field construction engineer/quantity surveyor for our Anderson, SC location who meets the following requirements:
- BSc in civil engineering or related subject
- A minimum of one year's experience (can include internships)
- Experience working on large civil construction projects is preferred
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Project)
- Well-organized with the ability to manage and prioritize workload
- Good time management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to provide leadership when needed
The successful candidate will support the project controls department in the field during a large excavation and earthworks project for a manufacturing client. This individual will be tasked with monitoring, administering and reporting the field operations including quantities for a large re-measurable earthworks package on site in Anderson, SC.
Responsibilities for the successful candidate will include:
- Monitoring the day-to-day field activities related to the earthworks package
- Reading and interpreting contracts, terms, provisions, estimates, agreements, set-up sheets, reports, specifications and plans to determine processing and completion procedures
- Validating the progress of projects in the field and reporting back to management, including in-depth reports of percentage of completion and quantities
- Assisting and managing the submittal, review, and approval process
- Documenting and distributing project coordination meeting minutes as needed
- Preparing and providing stakeholders with updates and reports
Currie & Brown is one of the world's leading physical assets management and construction consultancies, dedicated to advising clients in respect of the management and utilization of their physical assets, and is differentiated by innovation, expertise and experience.
With principal offices in Dubai, Hong Kong, London, Mumbai, New York and Shanghai, we operate throughout the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, India and the Middle East.
Apply for this role
If you cannot find the job that best suits your ambitions, skills and experience, please register your CV.
Register your CV