Currie & Brown is currently looking for a construction manager for our Reno, Nevada location who meets the following requirements:
- BS/MS in construction management, civil engineering or related subject
- A minimum of eight years' experience as a construction manager, building complex projects for clients with very specific requirements
- Understanding of the project lifecycle
- Ability to use data to drive risk identification, quantification, response and control with respect to the master schedule
- Strong analytical skills to identify critical issues, analyze the schedules and create reports to communicate issues
- Ability to interact with multiple stakeholders and pro-actively anticipate their needs
- Strong planning, scheduling and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively cope with change and comfortably handle risk and uncertainty
- Ability to relate well to others at all levels and use diplomacy and tact
- Ability to start and complete projects independently, and communicate effectively
The successful candidate will support project leaders in generating a high standard of service delivery, achieving successful outcomes for our clients, capturing and sharing knowledge across projects, enhancing our culture of innovation and reinforcing our reputation as a preferred service provider.
Responsibilities for the successful candidate will include:
- Managing all projects to completion on time and within budget
- Coordinating all necessary resources through end of projects
- Undertaking responsibility for project operational management and financial management
- Coordinating update of project schedules
- Executing scope of work with minimum interruption to existing operations when applicable
- Handling detailed reporting of project progress and risks
- Reporting into client's senior management
- Participating in project coordination, contractor and scheduling meetings
- Coordinating projects with all necessary environmental, health and safety requirements
- Developing project cost estimates at different funding gates
- Working with purchasing group to obtain pricing from contractors, vendors and suppliers
- Liaising with client's end users and non-construction persons within client's organization
- Leading cross-functional project execution and closeout
Currie & Brown is one of the world's leading physical assets management and construction consultancies, dedicated to advising clients in respect of the management and utilization of their physical assets, and is differentiated by innovation, expertise and experience.
With principal offices in Dubai, Hong Kong, London, Mumbai, New York and Shanghai, we operate throughout the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, India and the Middle East.
Apply for this role
If you cannot find the job that best suits your ambitions, skills and experience, please register your CV.
Register your CV