Currie & Brown is currently looking for a cost engineer for our New York office who meets the following requirements:
- Experience of working on large complex capital projects is desirable
- Extensive knowledge of the Microsoft suite of products (MS Word, Excel, Project)
- Able to self-manage, requiring minimal supervision
- Good time management, communication and interpersonal skills
- Desire to lead, mentor and develop a successful team
- Bachelor's or master's degree in a related technical field is preferable
Responsibilities for the successful candidate will include:
- Developing and maintaining budgets and tracking project costs throughout the life of projects
- Undertaking change management, estimating impacts of changes and contingency drawdown
- Dealing with monthly cost reporting and budget reconciliation
- Developing risk register and track impacts
- Handling cash flow forecasting and monitoring
- Undertaking payment recommendations and reviewing contractor/consultant invoices
- Developing WBS and cost breakdowns
- Conducting cost estimating through various design stages using past experience, historical data and parametric ratios
- Supporting client account management
- Communicating details effectively to internal and external stakeholders including presentation
- Establishing new and maintaining existing project controls tools
Currie & Brown is one of the world's leading physical assets management and construction consultancies, dedicated to advising clients in respect of the management and utilization of their physical assets, and is differentiated by innovation, expertise and experience.
With principal offices in Dubai, Hong Kong, London, Mumbai, New York and Shanghai, we operate throughout the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, India and the Middle East.
Apply for this role
If you cannot find the job that best suits your ambitions, skills and experience, please register your CV.
Register your CV