Cost Engineer - Princeton, NJ or NYC, NY
Currie & Brown is currently looking for a cost engineer for our Princeton or New York office who meets the following requirements:
- Pharmaceutical industry experience desirable
- Minimum of two years' experience in cost reporting/cost engineering on complex construction projects required
- Experience as a quantity surveyor is a plus
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Project)
- Good time management, communication and interpersonal skills
- Desire to eventually lead, mentor and develop a successful team
- Candidate will be self-managing and require minimal supervision
The successful candidate will support project leaders in generating a high standard of service delivery, achieving successful outcomes for our clients, capturing and sharing knowledge across projects, enhancing our culture of innovation and reinforcing our reputation as preferred service provider.
Responsibilities for the successful candidate will include:
- Construction project cost reporting and analysis
- Assisting with, and when appropriate, implementing cost control, scheduling and progress control reporting
- Monitoring cost performance
- Producing and compiling accurate/unbiased cost forecasts at a detailed and summary level
- Identifying and ensuring early warning of adverse cost trends
- Forecasting the final cost of the project based on analysis of the actual incurred cost against the agreed budget
- Participating in business development for new projects
- Supporting client account management, monthly invoicing and purchase order management
- Assisting with project cost estimates across various stages of project development using experience, historical data, and parametric ratios
- Establishing new and maintaining existing cost and estimating tools, methods and databases used to produce project estimates
- Participating in industry benchmarking of project metrics
Currie & Brown is one of the world's leading physical assets management and construction consultancies, dedicated to advising clients in respect of the management and utilization of their physical assets, and is differentiated by innovation, expertise and experience.
With principal offices in Dubai, Hong Kong, London, Mumbai, New York and Shanghai, we operate throughout the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, India and the Middle East.
Apply for this role
If you cannot find the job that best suits your ambitions, skills and experience, please register your CV.
Register your CV