Cost Engineer - San Francisco, CA
Currie & Brown is currently looking for a cost engineer for our San Francisco office who meets the following requirements:
- Degree in accounting, business administration, cost management or a related subject
- A minimum of three years' experience in project controls, financial control or quantity surveying
- Project controls and project management experience on complex construction projects
- Knowledge of engineering and/or business administration fundamentals
- Knowledge of financial accounting principles, eg work in place and accruals
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, SAP and Unifier
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- A team player with the ability to work collaboratively and interact with employees at all levels
The successful candidate will support project leaders in generating a high standard of service delivery, achieving successful outcomes for our clients, capturing and sharing knowledge across projects, enhancing our culture of innovation and reinforcing our reputation as preferred service provider.
Responsibilities for the successful candidate will include:
- Monitoring and appraising the performance project costs to ensure information and data are correct
- Ensuring that the project controls process is carried out in accordance with the Design & Construction Engineering Manual EM Lite and the project controls procedure
- Supporting the management of project controls activities of contractors and other involved parties
- Managing data and information within a project management system
- Undertaking responsibility for project cost data and supporting documentation within Unifier, the project controls system
- Performing reconciliation of cost data from local accounting system to the Unifier system
- Providing actual cost data from the local accounting system and ensuring actual data figures in the local accounting system are project-related and coded accurately
- Assisting the project control engineer on all levels of cost reporting, forecasting and negotiating and validating GMP contracts and change orders
- Performing contract administration duties in relation to the execution and retention of project change notices
- Reviewing and validating contractual compliance of project invoices
- Implementing financial accounting training and workshops for the project management team and/or contractor
- Assisting and supporting the project controls engineer and project manager in financial project close-out
Currie & Brown is one of the world's leading physical assets management and construction consultancies, dedicated to advising clients in respect of the management and utilization of their physical assets, and is differentiated by innovation, expertise and experience.
With principal offices in Dubai, Hong Kong, London, Mumbai, New York and Shanghai, we operate throughout the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, India and the Middle East.
Apply for this role
If you cannot find the job that best suits your ambitions, skills and experience, please register your CV.
Register your CV