Currie & Brown is currently looking for a cost engineer for our Lock Haven, PA location who meets the following requirements:
- Advanced verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience of project controls processes
- Ability to keep sensitive information confidential
- Confident user of the Microsoft Office suite
- Experience of both unit rate and lump sum contracts is essential
- Knowledge of paper production equipment and processes is advantageous
The successful candidate will be a key member of the project controls team. Reporting to the project controls manager, the cost engineer will assist with the execution of capital projects.
Responsibilities for the successful candidate will include:
- Assisting with bid package preparation, contractor selection and post-bid verification including quantity/rate check and award recommendation
- Providing value engineering options as necessary
- Drafting eRequisition documentation for owner approval
- Developing, tracking, analyzing, forecasting and processing on-site field changes
- Setting up and running weekly contractor meetings to review, negotiate and approve FCNs
- Ensuring all back-up information is supplied
- Checking against base scope for discrepancies
- Summarizing approved FCNs per contractor and forwarding to procurement for formal change order issue
- Validating invoices received against approved base contract/FCRs
- Assisting with cost report preparation and providing input with contractor forecasting
- Providing justification for monthly variances
- Creating, maintaining and reporting earned value progress measurement for unit rate contracts
- Reviewing and commenting on both the master schedule and contractor-specific work schedules
- Supporting close-out of contracts, ensuring all supporting documentation is complete together with the application of relevant back charges
Currie & Brown is one of the world's leading physical assets management and construction consultancies, dedicated to advising clients in respect of the management and utilization of their physical assets, and is differentiated by innovation, expertise and experience.
With principal offices in Dubai, Hong Kong, London, Mumbai, New York and Shanghai, we operate throughout the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, India and the Middle East.
Apply for this role
If you cannot find the job that best suits your ambitions, skills and experience, please register your CV.
Register your CV