Currie & Brown is currently looking for a cost manager for our San Francisco office who meets the following requirements:
- A minimum of three years' estimating experience in the commercial construction industry
- Degree in construction management, quantity surveying or equivalent
- Good understanding of mechanical, electrical and process piping/plumbing equipment
- Able to conceptually visualize and quantify project requirements
- Knowledge of estimating and cost control applications
- Advanced industry knowledge and facilitation skills in pricing analysis, modeling, purchase price cost analysis and identifying competitive benchmarks
- Exceptional time management, prioritization and negotiation skills
- Able to self-manage, requiring minimum supervision
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office suite of programs
The successful candidate will support project leaders in generating a high standard of service delivery, achieving successful outcomes for our clients, capturing and sharing knowledge across projects, enhancing our culture of innovation, and reinforcing our reputation as a preferred service provider.
Responsibilities for the successful candidate will include:
- Providing project control support for project managers, site governance teams and corporate financial planning
- Undertaking construction project cost reporting and analysis
- Implementing and assisting with cost control, schedule and progress control reporting
- Monitoring cost performance to discover and understand variances from the budget
- Establishing new and maintaining existing cost and estimating tools, methods and databases used to produce project estimates
- Participating in industry benchmarking of project metrics
- Assisting with project cost estimates from conceptual through various stages of project development using experience, historical data and parametric ratios
- Forecasting the final cost of the project based on the analysis of the actual incurred cost against the agreed budget
- Producing and compiling accurate/unbiased cost forecasts at a detailed and summary level
- Identifying and ensuring early warning of adverse cost trends so that corrective actions can be taken
Currie & Brown is one of the world's leading physical assets management and construction consultancies, dedicated to advising clients in respect of the management and utilization of their physical assets, and is differentiated by innovation, expertise and experience.
With principal offices in Dubai, Hong Kong, London, Mumbai, New York and Shanghai, we operate throughout the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, India and the Middle East.
Apply for this role
If you cannot find the job that best suits your ambitions, skills and experience, please register your CV.
Register your CV