Currie & Brown is currently looking for a cost manager for our Portland, Oregon office who meets the following requirements:
- BS degree
- Minimum of five years' cost management/estimating experience in the construction industry
- Experience with mechanical, electrical, process piping/equipment and owners' cost estimating and schedule requirements
- Able to conceptually visualize and quantify project requirements
- Knowledge of building construction, materials, systems, market conditions and trade practices
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite programs
- Knowledge of estimating applications
- Advanced industry knowledge and facilitation skills in pricing analysis, modeling, purchase price cost analysis and identifying competitive benchmarks
The successful candidate will support project leaders in generating a high standard of service delivery, achieving successful outcomes for our clients, capturing and sharing knowledge across projects, enhancing our culture of innovation, and reinforcing our reputation as a preferred service provider.
- Providing project control support for project managers, site governance teams and corporate financial planning
- Developing and maintaining project financial spreadsheets
- Working with project managers to develop actuals, reporting on variances and re-forecasting as necessary
- Updating and aligning financial spreadsheets and databases to facilitate site and corporate financial planning
- Organizing and maintaining governance team documentation and information systems
- Developing conceptual estimates for varied projects
- Developing cost alternative solutions
- Assisting the project team in preparing and managing estimates throughout the funding phases
- Working independently to evaluate external costs and develop internal cost estimates in collaboration with internal stakeholders
Currie & Brown is one of the world's leading physical assets management and construction consultancies, dedicated to advising clients in respect of the management and utilization of their physical assets, and is differentiated by innovation, expertise and experience.
With principal offices in Dubai, Hong Kong, London, Mumbai, New York and Shanghai, we operate throughout the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, India and the Middle East.
Apply for this role
If you cannot find the job that best suits your ambitions, skills and experience, please register your CV.
Register your CV