Electrical Estimator/Quantity Surveyor
Currie & Brown is currently looking for an electrical estimator/quantity surveyor for our Reno, Nevada office who meets the following requirements:
- A minimum of three years' experience in an estimating role
- Strong knowledge of electrical construction costs and estimating
- BS in construction management, quantity surveying or equivalent
- Experience advising clients on value management, value engineering and lifecycle costing
- Able to self-manage, requiring minimum supervision
- Good time management, communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience managing the project controls of complex builds, including electrical construction costs and estimating
The successful candidate will support an industry leader in the technology/manufacturing and transportation industry who has multiple complex construction projects under way, and has asked for our expertise in managing the construction project controls for both new and ongoing construction initiatives.
Responsibilities for the successful candidate will include:
- Undertaking project estimating specific to electrical cost engineering, plus significant interface with procurement, scheduling, document control and finance/accounting departments when appropriate
- Reviewing and commenting on change order management, including chairing commercial meetings, and observing fieldwork activities when needed
- Participating in business development and management of new projects for cost consulting
- Supporting RFP responses, forecasting resources needed for proposals, preparing proposals and leading negotiations
- Supporting client account management, monthly invoicing and purchase order management
- Preparing and leading project cost estimates from conceptual through various stages of project development using experience, historical data and parametric ratios
- Undertaking document estimating and communicating estimate details effectively to internal and external stakeholders including presentation
- Establishing new and maintaining existing estimating tools, methods and databases used to produce project estimates
- Participating in industry benchmarking of project metrics
Currie & Brown is one of the world's leading physical assets management and construction consultancies, dedicated to advising clients in respect of the management and utilization of their physical assets, and is differentiated by innovation, expertise and experience.
With principal offices in Dubai, Hong Kong, London, Mumbai, New York and Shanghai, we operate throughout the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, India and the Middle East.
Apply for this role
If you cannot find the job that best suits your ambitions, skills and experience, please register your CV.
Register your CV