MEP Estimator - Albuquerque, NM
Currie & Brown is currently looking for an MEP estimator for our Albuquerque office who meets the following requirements:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a related technical field
- Must hold US citizenship and be able to pass a federal background check
- Minimum of seven years' experience to include a substantial track record of working on engineering and construction projects in a national lab, life sciences, or related manufacturing technological setting
- Mechanical, electrical, process estimating (MEP) skills
- Experience with MEP estimating and construction management on complex projects
- Knowledge of all aspects of cost management, with technical knowledge in specific areas
- Experience with advising clients on value management, value engineering, and lifecycle costing
- AACE or ASPE certification desirable
- Membership of relevant professional organization eg RICS, ASPE, AACEI desirable
- Federal project experience beneficial
- Ability to self-manage, requiring minimal supervision
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate across all levels of seniority
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and work as part of a team
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
The successful candidate will support multiple clients including government labs and privately-held technology clients. These organizations have multiple complex construction projects under way, and have asked for our expertise in managing the construction and cost estimates.
Responsibilities for the successful candidate will include:
- Leading the estimating and cost management function for assigned projects, including benchmarking, cost control, and cost reporting
- Providing cost and direction to the client's project management team on assigned projects
- Supporting procurement and driving value engineering, LEED analysis, and lifecycle cost studies
- Carrying out multidisciplinary estimation of all building elements, including civil, structural, architectural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and related building services
- Maintaining accurate current project cost status
- Attending change order meetings and assisting the project manager in validating and pricing the changes across multiple trade specialties
- Participating in the review of estimates for completeness and accuracy
- Supporting preparation of project cash flows, staffing and progress curves
- Supporting the training and mentoring of junior staff
- Other ad-hoc duties as assigned by management
Currie & Brown is one of the world's leading physical assets management and construction consultancies, dedicated to advising clients in respect of the management and utilization of their physical assets, and is differentiated by innovation, expertise and experience.
With principal offices in Dubai, Hong Kong, London, Mumbai, New York and Shanghai, we operate throughout the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, India and the Middle East.
Apply for this role
If you cannot find the job that best suits your ambitions, skills and experience, please register your CV.
Register your CV