Currie & Brown is currently looking for a procurement manager for our projects in Iowa and Virginia who meets the following requirement:
- A minimum of 15 years' experience in procurement and contract administration
- Strong understanding of contract requirements and experience of preparing RFP/RFIs
- Demonstrated skills in building strong cross-functional relationships
- Experience in establishing and building successful supplier relationships
- Knowledge base in planning, leading and structuring negotiations
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Proficiency and experience with various procurement methodologies and sourcing approaches and techniques
- Ability to operate effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and challenging deadlines
- Experience leading a small team
- Strong experience of working with GMP construction contracts
- Excellent written and verbal communication, influencing and persuasion skills
- Results-focused and proactive
The successful candidate will support a global client with ongoing projects throughout the US. This opportunity requires specific experience in using negotiating strategies and tactics with both internal and external customers and suppliers to optimize value. This experience should come from tenure in the construction or construction management industry, with significant work on a variety of projects to include complex technology-based clients.
Responsibilities for the successful candidate will include:
- Assisting with, and when appropriate, implementing new contract process controls
- Developing construction strategies with the construction team
- Dealing with negotiations, claims, change orders, RFI and RFP processes and submittal processing
- Producing and compiling accurate reports for the project team, stakeholders and clients
- Developing an advanced understanding of category subject matters
- Demonstrating advanced skills in pricing analysis, modeling, purchase price cost analysis and identifying competitive benchmarks
- Developing collaborative stakeholder relationships by meeting and communicating regularly
- Documenting supply chain for key goods and services
- Identifying opportunities that focus on cost reductions, efficiencies and quality improvements, risk mitigation, industry and supply trends and shifts in technology
Currie & Brown is one of the world's leading physical assets management and construction consultancies, dedicated to advising clients in respect of the management and utilization of their physical assets, and is differentiated by innovation, expertise and experience.
With principal offices in Dubai, Hong Kong, London, Mumbai, New York and Shanghai, we operate throughout the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, India and the Middle East.
Apply for this role
If you cannot find the job that best suits your ambitions, skills and experience, please register your CV.
Register your CV