Project Controls Specialist
Currie & Brown is currently looking for a project controls specialist for our client in Albany, NY who meets the following requirements:
- Experience of working on large complex capital projects across various sectors and multiple markets
- Experience in project controls and cost management
- Ability to carry out independent auditor services with construction cost validation on projects
- Knowledge of commercial construction contracts; able to administer the terms of the contract as they relate to each specific project
- Ability to self-manage, requiring minimal supervision
- Good time management, communication and interpersonal skills
- A minimum of five years' experience in project controls
- Experience in quantity surveying is desirable
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft suite of products (MS Word, Excel, Project).
The successful candidate will support an industry leader in the industrial, process and specialty gases sector who has multiple complex construction projects underway, and has asked for our expertise in managing the project controls for both new and ongoing construction initiatives.
Responsibilities for the successful candidate will include:
- Providing project construction cost reporting with cost forecasting and cost control, management of contingencies and regular reporting to client stakeholders including presentations
- Liaising with the contractor's project controls and project managers in reviewing, challenging and negotiating supporting cost validation documentation
- Providing change order and claims review, including review and recommendation of entitlements in accordance with the contractual terms and conditions
- Participating in business development and management of new projects
- Supporting client account management, monthly invoicing, purchase order management and reviewing contractual terms
- Providing advice related to procurement, contracting strategies and administration of GMP or other contracts
- Participating in industry benchmarking of project metrics
- Participating and supporting best practice for the business, for project controls and cost management processes and procedures
Currie & Brown is one of the world's leading physical assets management and construction consultancies, dedicated to advising clients in respect of the management and utilization of their physical assets, and is differentiated by innovation, expertise and experience.
With principal offices in Dubai, Hong Kong, London, Mumbai, New York and Shanghai, we operate in the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, India and the Middle East.
Apply for this role
If you cannot find the job that best suits your ambitions, skills and experience, please register your CV.
Register your CV