Project Manager - Portland, OR
Currie & Brown is currently looking for a construction project manager for our Portland location who meets the following requirements:
- Minimum of five years' experience managing large complex commercial construction projects
- Experience with Tool Install or Equipment Install is preferred
- Experience managing the construction-related logistics and planning involved in significant office movement, to include TI work and occupied workspace logistics, in support of large international companies
- Ability to coordinate the construction of projects in accordance with plans, specifications and current standards/regulations
- Ability to build technically challenging projects while acting as primary contact for projects and maintaining working relationships with owners, architects, vendors and governing authorities
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong professional interpersonal skills and appreciation of challenges involved with working within a client's office environment
- Good understanding of Microsoft tools and client/CM-GC versions
- Good time management and organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize workload
- PMP or similar qualifications are an advantage
The successful candidate will support our global industry-leading client in the design and retail goods industry. The client has multiple complex construction-related projects under way, and has asked for our expertise in managing the construction and logistics of a significant set of projects.
Responsibilities for the successful candidate will include:
- Managing projects to completion, on time and within budget
- Coordinating all necessary resources
- Coordinating update of project schedules
- Undertaking responsibility for project management and financial management of projects
- Executing scope of work with minimal interruption to existing facility operations
- Reporting on project progress and risks
- Reporting to client's senior project managers
- Participating in project coordination, contractor and scheduling meetings
- Coordinating projects with all necessary health and safety requirements
- Coordinating development of project cost estimates at different funding gates
- Working with purchasing group to obtain pricing from contractors, vendors and suppliers
- Liaising with clients, end users and non-construction professionals within client's organization
- Ensuring solutions are consistent with client's organizational objectives
Currie & Brown is one of the world's leading physical assets management and construction consultancies, dedicated to advising clients in respect of the management and utilization of their physical assets, and is differentiated by innovation, expertise and experience.
With principal offices in Dubai, Hong Kong, London, Mumbai, New York and Shanghai, we operate throughout the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, India and the Middle East.
Apply for this role
If you cannot find the job that best suits your ambitions, skills and experience, please register your CV.
Register your CV