Project Scheduler - San Francisco, CA
Currie & Brown is currently looking for a project scheduler for our client's office in San Francisco, CA who meets the following requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, construction management or related field
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (MS Suite, P-6, Unifier, etc)
- Verifiable experience managing the construction schedule for projects over $30m in scope
- Ability to partner with project managers, project team members and contractors
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with the ability to interface with colleagues at all levels of an organization
- Expertise with industry best practices and techniques for building compliant project schedules
- Biotechnology and pharmaceutical industry experience is preferred
- PMI PMP, PMI-SP or equivalent certification will be an advantage
The successful candidate will operate within a fast-paced environment to provide professional project schedule development services for capital projects within the biotechnology industry.
Responsibilities for the successful candidate will include:
- Assisting project managers with developing project schedules in compliance with the CAPEX project schedule procedures and standards
- Building schedules for multiple projects using the critical path method (CPM) and providing schedule updates and analysis
- Assisting project team members in driving project schedules through analysis of work plan alternatives
- Conducting 'what if' scenario analyses, including re-sequencing of activities, workarounds and other related techniques as required
- Coordinating scheduling activities with the project team
- Interfacing with the project technical staff to define schedule basis and assumptions, and identify variances from the original plan and baseline
- Creating status reports, near-term forecasts, summary activity/milestone reports, presentations, critical path and ad-hoc reports, related project planning and control documentation
- Conducting critical path analysis
- Developing resource-loading and resource-leveling project schedules
- Performing project progress monitoring duties, including identifying critical activities and reviewing forecasts with progress achieved
- Presenting executive-level reports and deliverables reflecting risk and status to project managers
- Evaluating schedules submitted by third-party developers to ensure consistency with SSFP expectations and risk thresholds
- Setting up and attending periodic project schedule review meetings with project managers and team members to review and update project schedules
Currie & Brown is one of the world's leading physical assets management and construction consultancies, dedicated to advising clients in respect of the management and utilization of their physical assets, and is differentiated by innovation, expertise and experience.
With principal offices in Dubai, Hong Kong, London, Mumbai, New York and Shanghai, we operate throughout the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, India and the Middle East.
Apply for this role
If you cannot find the job that best suits your ambitions, skills and experience, please register your CV.
Register your CV