Currie & Brown is currently looking for a quantity surveyor for our Virginia office who meets the following requirements:
- A minimum of ten years' experience working on large and complex capital projects
- Experience in high-tech, pharmaceutical and/or industrial sectors would be beneficial
- Professional certification in quantity surveying or cost management is desirable
- Experience in project controls, project estimating, cost engineering and quantity surveying
- Ability to self-manage, requiring minimal supervision
- Good time management, communication and interpersonal skills
- Desire to lead, mentor and develop a successful team
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft suite of products (MS Word, Excel, Project)
Responsibilities for the successful candidate will include:
- Participating in the business development and management of new projects for cost consulting
- Supporting RFP responses, forecasting resources needed for proposals, preparing proposals and leading negotiations
- Supporting client account management, monthly invoicing and purchase order management
- Preparing and leading project cost estimates from conceptual through various stages of project development using experience, historical data and parametric ratios
- Documenting estimate and communicating estimate details effectively to internal and external stakeholders including presentation
- Establishing new and maintaining existing estimating tools, methods and databases used to produce project estimates
- Participating in industry benchmarking of project metrics
Currie & Brown is one of the world's leading physical assets management and construction consultancies, dedicated to advising clients in respect of the management and utilization of their physical assets, and is differentiated by innovation, expertise and experience.
With principal offices in Dubai, Hong Kong, London, Mumbai, New York and Shanghai, we operate throughout the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, India and the Middle East.
Apply for this role
If you cannot find the job that best suits your ambitions, skills and experience, please register your CV.
Register your CV