Quantity Surveyor/Cost Manager - Reno, NV
Currie & Brown is currently looking for a quantity surveyor/cost manager for our client in Reno, Nevada who meets the following requirements:
- Significant experience managing costs for complex construction projects, including cost reporting, estimating, scheduling and procurement
- A minimum of seven years' relevant experience, including some time in a remote or self-managed role
- Verifiable experience on projects of $100 million in scope
- In-depth experience with MEP is an advantage
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Suite (MS Word, Excel, Project)
- Experience with other QS/PCM tools such as P-6, Access, Unifier and SAP is desirable
- Good time management, communication and interpersonal skills
- Desire to eventually lead, mentor and develop a successful team
- Ability to self-manage, requiring minimal supervision
The successful candidate will support project leaders in generating a high standard of service delivery, achieving successful outcomes for our clients, capturing and sharing knowledge across projects, enhancing our culture of innovation and reinforcing our reputation as preferred service provider.
Responsibilities for the successful candidate will include:
- Conducting cost reporting and analysis, including significant interface with estimating, procurement, scheduling, document control and finance/accounting departments as appropriate
- Assisting with implementing cost control, schedule and progress control reporting
- Monitoring cost performance to discover and understand variances from the budget
- Producing and compiling accurate and unbiased cost forecasts at a detailed and summary level
- Identifying and ensuring early warning of adverse cost trends so that corrective actions can be taken
- Forecasting the final cost of the project based on the analysis of the actual incurred cost against the agreed budget
- Participating in business development of new projects for cost consulting when applicable
- Supporting client account management, monthly invoicing and purchase order management
- Assisting with project cost estimates at various stages of project development using past project experience, historical data and parametric ratios
- Establishing new and maintaining existing cost and estimating tools, methods and databases used to produce project estimates
- Participating in industry benchmarking of project metrics
Currie & Brown is one of the world's leading physical assets management and construction consultancies, dedicated to advising clients in respect of the management and utilization of their physical assets, and is differentiated by innovation, expertise and experience.
With principal offices in Dubai, Hong Kong, London, Mumbai, New York and Shanghai, we operate throughout the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, India and the Middle East.
Apply for this role
If you cannot find the job that best suits your ambitions, skills and experience, please register your CV.
Register your CV