Scheduler - Princeton, NJ or NYC, NY
Currie & Brown is currently looking for a scheduler for our New York or Princeton office who meets the following requirements:
- Excellent scheduling knowledge and ability to act as technical advisor with respect to schedule development, critical path, predecessors/successors, activity definition, activity sequencing and logic
- Strong analytical skills, able to understand interpret and communicate critical schedule data and present viable solutions
- Complete knowledge of Primavera Scheduling software, including technical requirements for operation and maintenance
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Access
- Ability to learn client-specific software applications
- Ability to translate scope requirements into a working schedule
- Understanding of the project lifecycle
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and customer service skills, able to interact with a wide range of clients
- Minimum of two years' experience
The successful candidate will support an industry leader in the pharmaceutical sector who has asked for our expertise in managing the construction schedulers for both new and ongoing complex construction initiatives.
Responsibilities for the successful candidate will include:
- Developing new project schedules, including creation of the WBS structure, code structure and logic relationships
- Performing weekly update of engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning portions of the project schedules by communicating with responsible stakeholders and developing the appropriate data capture methodology
- Performing critical path and critical chain analysis to determine project risk levels
- Identifying and quantifying critical scopes of work requiring management attention
- Issuing regular suite of reports to project management team, including detailed field reports and high-level management summaries
- Providing detailed analysis of project critical issues and working with the project team to find suitable solutions that satisfy the constraints set by quality, cost, and schedule requirements
- Performing activity level baseline comparisons and other quantitative analysis to identify and understand actual versus planned performance
- Maintaining multiple project schedules in various phases of work
- Maintaining an organized file structure of schedule data and project data backups with physical redundancy
Currie & Brown is one of the world's leading physical assets management and construction consultancies, dedicated to advising clients in respect of the management and utilization of their physical assets, and is differentiated by innovation, expertise and experience.
With principal offices in Dubai, Hong Kong, London, Mumbai, New York and Shanghai, we operate throughout the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, India and the Middle East.
Apply for this role
If you cannot find the job that best suits your ambitions, skills and experience, please register your CV.
Register your CV