Senior Quantity Surveyor
Currie & Brown is currently looking for a senior quantity surveyor for our office in Beaverton, OR who meets the following requirements:
- Bachelor's degree (or foreign equivalent) in construction management, industrial management, quantity surveying or related field of study
- A minimum of ten years' experience in a related position
- Experience in cost management, scheduling, project planning and estimation
- Experience developing and monitoring cost plans, including budgets, cash flows, risk logs, change logs and schedules
- Experience with Primavera and Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Access and Project
- Able to travel to client work sites as required
Responsibilities for the successful candidate will include:
- Negotiating and managing all direct construction costs with trade contractors on multimillion-dollar construction projects on behalf of the client
- Advising clients and overseeing services in capital planning, project delivery strategy and execution planning, capital cost and operations cost estimating, value engineering services, planning and scheduling controls, contract pricing formats, procurement management, bid evaluation and documentation, contract administration, comprehensive cost management, risk assessment and quantity surveying
- Overseeing the collection and assimilation of project cost data and development of customer database
- Overseeing the preparation of pre- and post-contract documentation and cost and spending reports
- Working with industry-recognized forms of contract, including JCT, ICE, AIA, NEC and FIDIC, and advising on the most appropriate contractual procedures at various project stages
- Performing asset depreciation analysis, comparing projects against benchmark data and overseeing claims processing and claims avoidance
- Preparing quantification and costing of construction works, with the use of appropriate standard methods of measurement, such as SMM, CESMM, SMMIEC and ARM and other forms of cost analysis
- Preparing and presenting financial reports on the performance of a project at appropriate intervals to provide effective forecasting of costs, risk and their financial implications
- Overseeing settlement of final accounts with contractors
Interested applicants should apply by emailing a resume to and referencing 'Job Code SQS' in the subject line.
Currie & Brown is one of the world's leading physical assets management and construction consultancies, dedicated to advising clients in respect of the management and utilization of their physical assets, and is differentiated by innovation, expertise and experience.
With principal offices in Dubai, Hong Kong, London, Mumbai, New York and Shanghai, we operate throughout the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, India and the Middle East.
Apply for this role
If you cannot find the job that best suits your ambitions, skills and experience, please register your CV.
Register your CV