Recognising that health provider organisations throughout the world manage significant capital expenditure across a broad range of projects, Currie & Brown adopts a ‘whole-system’ approach. We have a comprehensive understanding of healthcare systems, how they work and the estate that best fits these systems.
As well as advising on new build, we support health service organisations in transformation programmes and resultant estates’ reconfiguration. We support strategic development and deliver solutions that increase yield, drive efficiency and achieve continued improvement of the services delivery and property portfolios of our healthcare clients.
We operate for public sector organisations, private providers, funding institutions and outsource providers of healthcare globally. Our projects include:
- Reviewing the acute services provision and subsequent reconfiguration or new build of hospitals in the UK, including one of the largest in Europe.
- Overseeing and structuring Mexico’s country-wide healthcare PPP initiative. We were responsible for feasibility studies, risk analysis and dispute resolution for more than ten hospitals. We supported the government throughout, from initial conceptualisation to the performance of the asset.
- Providing strategic, business case and implementation services for mental healthcare provision in high/medium/low security facilities in the UK.
- Reconfiguring the accident and emergency department of a major London hospital.
- Providing strategic, business case and implementation services for primary care facilities, working with the National Health Service and other public sector partners in the UK.