- Information we collect
- How we use your information
- Legal basis for processing your information
- Sharing of your information
- Marketing and unsubscribing from marketing
- Retention of personal information
- Other websites
- International transfers of your personal information
- Rights in relation to your information
- Contacting Currie & Brown
- Modifications to this policy
Information about us
Unless we have agreed otherwise in writing with you, we are the ‘data controller’ for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the ‘controller’ for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) when it comes into force on 25 May 2018 (either directly or pursuant to the enactment of relevant law).
Information we collect
- Information that you give to us
You may give us information about yourself by filling in forms on our website, submitting a job application or by corresponding with us or contacting us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our website, request to be added to our mailing list, enter a survey and when you report a problem with our website. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address and phone number, financial and credit card information.
- Technical information
We may collect information when you visit our website, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, geographical location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
How we use your information
- carrying out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us
- processing and acknowledging any job application that you may make
- responding to enquiries
- improving our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or device
- emailing client bulletins and other industry or sector-related marketing information
- issuing invitations to events, celebration-related communications
If information is used for the latter purpose, it will be used in such a manner that your data will be anonymised ensuring that your identity cannot be ascertained from such data.
Legal basis for processing your information
We rely on one or more of the following processing conditions in order to process your personal information:
- our legitimate interests in the effective delivery of information and services to you and in the effective and lawful operation of our business (provided these do not interfere with your rights)
- to satisfy any legal and regulatory obligations to which we are subject
- to perform our obligations under any contracts that we have agreed with you
Where no other condition for processing is available, we will only process your personal information in the manner and for the relevant purpose that you have consented to with us.
Sharing of your information
If you have applied for an overseas role or acknowledged you would be interested in roles overseas, then your personal information is likely to be shared with key Currie & Brown individuals in the region(s) applicable.
Your personal information may be transferred to third-party service providers who process information on our behalf, including providers of information technology, identity management, website hosting and management, data analysis, data back-up, security and storage services. The third-party providers may use their own third-party sub-contractors that have access to personal data.
We may disclose your personal information to law enforcement, regulatory or other government agencies or to other third parties as required by, and in accordance with, applicable law or regulation.
Marketing and unsubscribing from marketing communications
Our marketing communications may include updates, briefings, brochures, special offers, newsletters or an invitation to our events (‘newsletters’). By subscribing for any newsletters, you will be confirming to us that you want to receive our newsletters. If you select any preferences, such as issues, topics, subjects or industries in such newsletters, then you will receive newsletters that correspond to the preferences that you have notified to us.
Where we are legally required to obtain your consent to provide you with marketing materials, we will only provide you with such marketing materials if you have provided consent for us to do so.
We will accept, acknowledge and maintain your requests to opt-out of future communications whether through email, telephone, mail or fax.
If you want to unsubscribe from our newsletters, you should use the facility that we have provided within the newsletter email itself or in the appropriate area(s) of our website. If you choose to unsubscribe from any or all newsletters, we may retain information sufficient to identify you so that we can honour your request.
In any event, if you do not wish to receive our newsletters or other communications from us, or if you require further information regarding the way we process your personal data, please contact us by email via firstname.lastname@example.org or by letter to Group Marketing and Communications Director, Currie & Brown, 40 Holborn Viaduct, London, EC1N 2PB so that we may deal with your request.
When you visit our website, our website may send your computer or device a ‘cookie’, a small file that resides on the storage drive of your computer or device. Cookies allow Currie & Brown to make our website more useful by tailoring the services Currie & Brown offers from time to time. You can set your browser not to accept cookies, although you may not be able to access all of the features on our website if you do this.
For detailed information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them please read our cookies policy.
We use up-to-date data storage and security techniques to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification or unlawful destruction or accidental loss. All our employees and any third parties we engage to process your personal information are obliged to respect the confidentiality of your information.
Although we are committed to ensuring that your information is kept secure, no security system is guaranteed to be completely secure. While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of our services, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply through our website will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet.
Retention of personal information
We will retain your personal information only for as long as it is required for the purposes for which it was collected, or as required or permitted to do so by law. Our current retention periods are set out below.
Where your personal information relates only to newsletters, we will retain your personal information for no more than three years unless otherwise indicated by your use of the newsletters or your exercise of preferences or the unsubscribe facility that we provide.
Where your personal information is (or relates to) your CV that you have (or someone on your behalf has) provided to us, then we will retain such personal information on our database for no more than three years. If, before the expiry of such three-year period, you provide any update to such personal information, then the three-year period will recommence from the date of such update from you. However, if before the expiry of the relevant three-year period you have not provided any update to such personal information or otherwise indicated that you want us to keep such personal information beyond that three-year period, then at the end of that period we will ask you to confirm whether you want to remain on our CV database, and if you confirm that you do, you will be required to submit an updated CV to us, and such updated personal information will be retained for up to a further three years, whereupon the process above will be applied.
At any time, if you no longer want Currie & Brown to hold a copy of (or to otherwise process) your CV, send your request to email@example.com or in writing to the People Department, Currie & Brown, 40 Holborn Viaduct, London, EC1N 2PB, and we shall remove your CV from our database.
Please be aware that in responding to any lawful request by you for the removal of any of your personal information, while it will be possible to ensure that such personal information is not used in an active and operational context, it may not be possible or reasonably practicable to remove any or all copies of any of your personal information that is held on our archive or disaster recovery systems.
International transfers of your personal information
We are located in different parts of the world (for a list of where operate, please click here). Your personal information may be transferred to and stored outside the country where you are located. This includes countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
Where we collect your personal information within the EEA, transfer of your personal information outside the EEA will be only:
- to a recipient located in a country which provides an adequate level of protection for your personal information; and/or
- under an agreement which satisfies EU requirements for the transfer of personal data to data processors or data controllers outside the EEA, such as standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission.
Where we collect your personal information from outside the European Union and process such information outside the European Union, we will do so in accordance with applicable law.
It is possible that third parties engaged by us in relation to the operation of our website might transfer your personal data to countries or territories outside the EEA in the fulfilment of their hosting, analytics or disaster recovery services to us. The third parties are:
- Google Analytics
- Butterfly melonMail
If you require more information on how these third parties use your personal data, then please visit:
- Google Analytics: http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html
- Butterfly melonMail: https://www.butterfly.com.au/
- iCIMS: https://www.icims.co.uk/legal/privacy-policy
Rights in relation to your information
You may have certain rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you. In particular, you may have a right to:
- request a copy of personal information we hold about you
- ask that we update the personal information we hold about you, or correct such personal information that you think is incorrect or incomplete
- ask that we delete personal information that we hold about you, or restrict the way in which we use such personal information
- object to our processing of your personal information
- withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information (to the extent such processing is based on consent and consent is the only permissible basis for processing)
Contacting Currie & Brown
Data Officer (Company Secretary)
Currie & Brown
40 Holborn Viaduct
London EC1N 2PB
Modifications to this policy
Last updated on 18 May 2018.
Currie & Brown Holdings Limited - No.110686