Bellevue Hill Public School
The school is located in Bellevue Hill, an area which has seen rapid growth in young families and increased education demands. The current capacity of the school is 610 students, with enrolments expected to grow by 18% by 2020.
The GFA of 4,470m2 comprised a new four-storey modular building fronting Birriga Road and newly fitted-out areas within the existing main building and includes:
- Capacity for 1,000 students with 28 new and upgraded learning spaces
- A new dedicated library space
- Upgraded amenities for staff, students and the community including amphitheatre, canteen and COLA (covered outdoor learning area)
The new building has a striking architectural design with a curved precast façade that wraps around Birriga Road. It complements the existing architecture which dates back to the 1920s. The school benefits from a very active parent and community involvement and regularly hosts activities outside of school time.
Currie & Brown was engaged as project manager for:
- Development of the site masterplan
- Educational planning principles
- Design and documentation
- Statutory approval processes
- Superintendence of all contracts on behalf of School Infrastructure New South Wales