Our proven contract management methodologies enable us to provide early advice on how contracts can be set up and managed to avoid claims, and also how to deal with claims when they do occur. We have the ability to provide such advice for all stages of a project.
A fundamental strength of Currie & Brown is that we deliver high-quality services which account for our clients’ operational and commercial priorities in seeking to maximise their profitability. As part of this, we offer the benefits of an external eye and best-practice benchmarking.
Manufacturers, constructors, construction specialists, administration services and legal practice firms frequently call on us to help secure their interests.
We operate and provide services across all the important stages of a project lifecycle:
- Contractual and financial risk analysis
- Audit of tendering documents/bidding files
- Contract management training of the project team (project managers, buyers, legal advisors, controllers)
- Introduction of new contract management approaches/methods
- Contractual assistance to the client’s teams for writing and checking contractual documents
- Defence strategy against overpayment
- Writing of contractual letters, claims and contract variations
- Assistance with costs and quantity control
- Quantity surveying
- Cost audit and proposals for corrective actions
- Claim files analysis and negotiation process support
- Permanent defence strategy against cost overruns
- Pre-contention settlement at the fair cost
- Settlement of the final account
- Assistance in dispute resolution
- Assistance to lawyers in compiling supporting arbitration files
- Commercial settlement strategies and negotiations
Inter-company dispute resolution
Currie & Brown also operates in the field of inter-company dispute resolution.